The ZooTeen Program is designed for young adults between the ages of 13 and 17 who exhibit a strong desire to learn and teach others about the natural world while gaining valuable volunteer experience. With each continuing year, ZooTeens may be eligible for other opportunities throughout the Zoo. It is important that applicants understand that the program is not a summer camp program but rather an opportunity for ZooTeens to increase their knowledge of animals and conservation along with sharpening their public speaking and communication skills.
General Requirements for First Year ZooTeens:
- Must be 13-17 years of age by June 2, 2014.
- Submit ZooTeen Volunteer Program application (pages 3-5), typed essay and two completed Recommendation Forms (page 6).
- Must read and abide by the ZooTeen handbook and have a signed contract on file (page 6).
- Attendance during two training sessions on May 17 and 24 is mandatory (arriving punctually and remaining for entire session).
- Must work 1 shift a week and must work at least 7 of the 9 weeks between June 2 and August 1. Must work the same schedule throughout the summer.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to learn and teach others about the natural world.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, dependable, courteous, and able to follow directions.
First-Year ZooTeen Application
Returning ZooTeen Application
If you would like more information about ZooTeens, please fill out our online form or email Chris Radek at .