03/31/2018, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Nashville Zoo map
Hop into Spring at the Zoo's Eggstravaganzoo!
Nashville Zoo’s annual spring celebration is back with egg hunts and Easter treats for children of all ages. Activities during the day include 10 scheduled egg hunts for kids, a Zoo-wide hunt for golden eggs, spring-themed games, bounce houses and face painting. Special appearances by the Easter Bunny and Zoo mascot Twiga!
Activities take place from 9 am - 4 pm. Specific egg hunt schedules are to the right.
New this year - Twiga’s Sweet Stroll. Wander through a candy-themed wonderland complete with costume characters, bubbles, and photo opportunities. Included in admission, donations toward conservation efforts appreciated
Eggstravaganzoo (excluding Bunny Breakfast) is included with your Zoo admission or membership.
2 years & under - 10 am or 12:30 pm
3 years - 10:30 am or 1 pm
4 - 5 years - 11 am or 1:30 pm
6 - 7 years - 11:30 am or 2 pm
8 - 10 years - 12 pm or 2:30 pm
Animal fun too!
Between the kids' egg hunts, enjoy some of the animal fun we have planned for the day.
9:45 am - Rhinoceros Iguana (Unseen New World)
10:00 am - Tortoise (Critter Encounters)
10:00 am - Macaw
10:15 am - Bat feeding (Unseen New World)
10:15 am - Spider Monkey
10:45 am - Porcupine
10:45 am - Rhinoceros Hornbill
11:15 am - White Rhinoceros
11:15 am - Andean Bear
11:45 am - Tapir
12:15 pm - Barn Owl (Historic Farm)
12:45 pm - Flamingo
12:45 pm - Zebra, Antelope, Ostrich
1:15 pm - Cassowary
1:45 pm - Sheep Encounter (Historic Farm)
2:00 pm - Pig Encounter (Critter Encounters)
2:15 pm - Red Panda
2:15 pm - Aviary
2:45 pm - Giraffe
3:15 pm - Red River Hog
10:00 am - Magic Show
11:00 am - Animal Show
12:00 pm - Magic Show
2:00 pm - Animal Show
Hoppy Animal Encounters
Keep your eye out for some special animal encounters along the Zoo paths throughout the day!
How to beat the traffic & get to the eggs quicker
- Arrive early Traffic around the Zoo is particularly heavy on this day. We recommend arriving at least one hour in advance of the scheduled hunt for your child's age group. Allow plenty of time to park and get to Festival Field.
- Additional Parking & Entrance We will open the back part of the Zoo for overflow parking if needed.
- Members get through the ticket booth quicker. Membership expiring soon? We strongly encourage you to renew online before heading to the Zoo. You can use your email confirmation to show proof of membership.
During the event
Read our blog post full of more tips!
- Pick up a schedule of events at the entrance. This will include times for all activities throughout the day.
- Don't forget the essentials. Egg basket/bag, camera and sunscreen.
- Missed the egg hunt for your age group? Younger children who miss their hunt may enter an older aged hunt, but older kids may not participate in lower age groups' hunts. Please only hunt once.
- It's not the number of eggs that matters. Every child receives a goodie bag regardless of the number of eggs collected. Redemption tents are adjacent to the egg hunt field.
- Spend more time with the Easter Bunny. Reserve your spot during our Bunny Breakfast. See details and pricing below.
Start your Eggstravaganzoo day off by beating the crowds and fueling up before the egg hunts. Bunny Breakfast attendees can enter the Zoo beginning at 8am. Bunny Breakfast includes morning favorites, the opportunity to meet and take pictures with the Easter Bunny, a special gift for the kids, and an attraction ticket for each paid guest.
8 am, 8:30 am, 9 am, 9:30 am
(selected during registration)
Pre-registration is required. Breakfast services ends at 10am.
Eggstravaganzoo Volunteers Needed!
Sign up to volunteer at our festive spring event! We need help with the Bunny Breakfast, egg hunt, games, prize stations, bounce houses, registration and more! Volunteers must be age 18 and up. Groups are welcome but each member of the group must sign up individually themselves and indicate the group in the box provided. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to volunteer