The mission of Nashville Zoo is to inspire a culture of understanding and discovery of our natural world through conservation, innovation and leadership.
Nashville Zoo is a progressive and dynamic zoological park serving Middle Tennessee, southern Kentucky and hundreds of thousands of tourists that travel to Nashville every year.
Since opening its doors in 1991, the Zoo has grown from a small, private operation in Cheatham County to an Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) accredited facility with international conservation involvement. Over 800,000 visitors come to Nashville Zoo annually, making us one of the top attractions in Middle Tennessee.
Zoo At A Glance (2015):
- Animal Species: 365
- Individual Animals: 2,285
- Annual Attendance: 808,281
- 35,257 membership representing 149,250 people
- Nearly 35,500 school children visiting as part of their education
- More than 4,467 volunteers contributing more than 45,000 hours
View our 2015 Annual Report (pdf)
2015 - Form 990 | 2015 - Audited Financial Statements