Birthday Party Adventure Guide (posted 1/16/2014)
Special Part-time Position - Earn extra money in a fun and rewarding position at Nashville Zoo! Adventure guides serve as the party hosts for our Zooper Birthday Party program. The guide’s primary responsibility is to provide once in a lifetime memories for the birthday child.
- Maintain a high level of energy
- Assist in room set-up and cleaning
- Interact with the guests through games, crafts, and education
- Provide assistance in food and cake service
- Maintain a clean and orderly party room and supply closet
- Utilize animal and zoo facts to take parties on fun and interesting safaris
Skills and Experience Required:
- Must be energetic, good with children, creative, have good people and public speaking skills, maintain excellent customer service and posses an out-going personality
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be 17 years of age
- Excellent interpersonal skills with guests and staff
- Ability to adapt quickly and think on your toes
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift materials up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend and kneel
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours per day
Adventure guides are paid on a per-party rate. There is opportunity for pay advancement pending performance review. Adventure guides will also be considered for other per-event positions such as inflatable attendant and Jungle Gym party attendant.
Flexible. The position requires availability on Saturdays and Sundays. There is no guaranteed number of work hours per week as the guide is only necessary when parties are booked.
Applicants for this position are required to submit to a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.