Maintenance Plumber (posted 7/7/2014)
The Nashville Zoo is accepting applications for the Maintenance Plumber position. Preference will be given to the extent of past plumbing experiences and the ability to perform other general type maintenance tasks requiring mechanical skills. Weekend and holiday work will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing plumbing tasks and that they are executed to meet zoo’s standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for performing all other maintenance and repair tasks as assigned to meet operating needs.
- Work performed must meet all agency mandated required standards.
- Responsible for maintaining in good condition shop, tools and wood working equipment.
- Keeps Director of Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor informed of any operational and/or facility related problems.
- Performs work in a safe manner for self, other staff and visitors. Ensures all safety standards are adhered to.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to perform work assignments at a Journeyman level.
- Must have working knowledge of Plumbing tools and equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to plan out, schedule, coordinate and execute all assigned tasks to ensure a high quality finished product.
- Must be able to work outside year-round under typical Tennessee temperatures, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work on his or her feet for extended periods of time and have the ability to bend, stoop and extend oneself as required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
Minimum high School diploma or GED equivalent required. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Carpenter. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Applicants for this position are required to submit to a criminal background check and pass a drug test.