Want to make an impact this holiday season? Shop with a purpose and check out our Holiday Gift Guide! The Zoo’s gift shop, Zawadi Market, has creative gifts for everyone in your herd.
Nashville Zoo offers gifts that keep on giving - beyond Fair Trade Certified products and the use of recycled materials, the Zoo has worked diligently to offer fun gift items that increase awareness and educate guests on the importance of conservation, renewable materials and repurposing with a focus on recycled products.
- Grow Bottles are made from recycled glass wine bottles that make the ideal home for a hydrogarden. This gift includes everything needed for a window herb garden: seeds, grow bottle, soil-less mix, wool wick, plant nutrients, and a cork coaster.
- Also look for products with Nashville Zoo's Green Team logo on it. These items, such as t-shirts, pint glasses and notebooks, are made from recycled materials.
- Snare Art key chains come in many different animal designs and colors and are made from the actual confiscated wire used by African poachers to create snares to trap animals.
- Don't forget about the wonderful assortment of books, toys or stuffed animal plush that your children fell in love with while visiting the Zoo this season!
- Mulberry Mongoose collection, which is a collection of jewelry made from snare wire, which benefits the South Lauangwa Conservation Society in South Africa.
- Accessories from Malia, which repurposes recycled cement bags from the Elephant Cement Factory into wallets, small bags and messenger bags.
- Yes & Yes Designs, which makes jewelry from recycled books.
- Balsa Pearl Collection, which makes necklaces, bracelets and earrings from recycled balsa wood with a pearlized paint that will not delaminate. The pieces are also water resistant.
- Spice up his room with a custom Green Eco animal figure made from recycled bottle caps and tin cans from Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Red Bull, Guinness beer, Tusker beer, and many others.
- Stock up his office or workshop with eco-friendly LOGO ECO notebooks and jotter pads with eco pencils made from recycled paper.
- Stoneage Global Arts offers musical instruments made from Bamboo, recycled bottle caps and tin cans, gourds and a Karimba made from a coconut shell.
- Fair Trade Certified Global Instruments made from bamboo, coconuts, tin and bottle caps, pangi, calabash and karet.
Zawadi Market will be offering discounts for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday! Friday, Nov. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 26, members can take advantage of an additional 10% on their member discount (20% total) on all purchases at the gift shop. *Additional discount not valid on select promotional items already on sale in store.
Also, check out our holiday membership gift certificates! Purchase the gift that gives all year long at a 15% discount, now through December 31!