Nashville Zoo’s Marketing and Public Relations Department is seeking a video intern for the spring and summer semesters of 2015. As the Zoo’s video intern, this person will be responsible for coordinating, shooting and editing a variety of informational pieces that the Zoo will use for online promotion and internal training. These pieces may include keeper talks, veterinary procedures, special events, animal feedings, animal behaviors, animal training, staff training, public shows, habitat tours, behind-the-scenes activities, education programs and any other happenings deemed appropriate by the Marketing and Public Relations Director.
- Experience in video recording, editing, and archiving
- Working knowledge of a Sony High Definition Handycam Camcorder (HDR CX580V)
- Working knowledge of an Apple Mac Book Pro
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing software
- Able to represent the Zoo in a positive fashion with business partners and the general public
- Able to work extended days and hours when needed
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods
- Able to work a flexible schedule, with some nights and weekends
- Must be willing to devote a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Applicants for this unpaid internship position are required to submit to a criminal background check and are required to show recent proof of a negative TB test.
Please submit cover letter and resume (with link to demo clips) to email@example.com
. Include “Video Internship” in the subject heading. Please include your specific availability: start date, end date, and the hours that you are available to work each day. If you plan to intern for credit at your college or university, please send internship requirements and advisor contact information.